Award-winning, user experience designer with experience managing multiple large, high visibility projects for a diverse customer base. Works closely with the user base and product management and to solve complex interaction problems and implement a user experience roadmap. Communicates design solution to engineering team and manages UI implementation up until product launch.
Card sorting, Collaboration, Competitive evaluation, Concept modeling, Contextual inquiry, Diagramming, Ethnography, Facilitation, Graphic facilitation, Heuristic evaluation, High fidelity prototyping, Interviewing, Personas, Scenarios, Sitemaps, Sketching, Specifications, Strategy Development, Surveying, Task Flows, Team-building and Mentoring, Formal Usability testing, Wireframes, Workshops, Visual design
• Human Factors International - Certified User Experience Analyst (in-progress)
• Human Factors International - Certified Usability Analyst
• San Francisco State University Multimedia Program – Creating Online Communities
• MediaLink San Francisco – Certificate in Multimedia Design
University of California, Berkeley – Bachelor of Arts: Sociology (May 2007)
HeadSpin, Inc. - Google Ventures, Mountain View
October 2015 – February 2017
HeadSpin, Inc. a Google Venture start-up providing real-world network metrics for testing around the globe.
Manager of UX - Web and Mobile Solutions
• Worked directly with CTO and CEO to develop UX requirements and strategy.
• Restructured key user flows to improve overall IA for web and mobile apps.
• Built user interface, data visualizations and designed overall user experience.
• Created wireframes, screen-flow diagrams, and UI spec documentation.
• Rapidly iterated product and feature prototypes from conceptual demonstrations.
• Conducted usability testing and post-deployment evaluations to measure UX success.
BitTorrent, San Francisco
April 2012 – May 2015
BitTorrent technology allows users fast and private file sharing using a peer-to-peer technology.
UX Lead - Sync, Mobile, Consumer Electronics
• Collaborate with product management to define requirements and establish design direction.
• Create UX project assets (personas, user stories, scenarios, flows, wireframes, prototypes).
• Direct visual design to create a visual system and design assets for implementation.
• Work with engineering on implementation and to ensure technical implications are feasible.
• Conduct weekly user testing and synthesize results into actionable design improvements.
February 2007 – March 2012
RelayHealth, a McKesson Company leads the medical industry with online healthcare communications with the goal to improve the delivery and accessibility of healthcare to patients, providers, hospitals, and payers.
Senior Interaction Designer, User Experience Group
• Work with PM to define requirements, solve complex interactions and implement UI.
• Create project assets (flow diagrams, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, and finished files).
• Clearly communicate style elements, patterns and usability guidelines in User Experience Wiki.
• Conduct formal usability testing, heuristic evaluations, and focus groups to improve usability.
• Work with both onsite and off-shore development team to implement projects.
• Mentor junior user interface designers and interns.
Applied Biosystems, Foster City
August 2005 – August 2006
Applied Biosystems is a technology leader in the life sciences marketplace focusing on pharmaceutical and biotechnology research.
Senior Web Interaction Designer, Portal Business Group
• Work with Creative Services to ensure that visual communicates brand principles successfully.
• Implement, adapt, and maintain brand and web style guidelines.
• Work with groups to gather requirements and provide web interaction design guidance.
• Provide concept exploration, design development refinement, based on input and feedback.
• Develop unified graphical themes for use throughout a wide variety of channels.
• Created online user feedback survey in order to improve site usability.